I had my dissertation tutorial with Jon Clarkson where I was trying to decide what I wanted my question to be. I knew the overall topic was going to be about ‘Sexuality in Artwork’ as I really enjoyed writing my most recent essay on this and feel I could go a lot further in to it. Therefore we discussed what I was thinking.
- Sexuality and gender and contemporary art
- Sarah Lucas
- How have female contemporary artists critiqued notions of gender and sexuality in their work?
- Tracey Emin, Cecily Brown, Marlene Dumas, Rachel Kneebone, Tschabalala Self, Pipilotti Rist.
Then after this we talked about what I need to do next;
- Make a short list of core ideas
- Think about which artists you want to write about
- Read and research
- Come and see him before the end of term